To balance safety and transmission risk all individuals that have tested positive for Covid-19 in the Emergency Room, in one of our Respiratory Clinics, or admitted to the Hospital for Covid-19 illness within the last 14 days will need to be scheduled in our Respiratory Clinic or have a Telemedicine visit.
If you fall under this category, please call (360) 676-6177 to let us know so we can give you instructions for your appointment.
CHANGE TO DENTAL PROCEDURE
As of April 1st, dental patients will no longer be required to take a COVID-19 test prior to their appointments.
Local Exhaust Hood for safety during dental procedures.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. When you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
Unity Care NW follows the infection control recommendations of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the American Dental Association (ADA), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We stay up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued by these agencies. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
Pharmacy Lobbies Now Open: Curbside and Delivery Service Also Available!
Limited counter service is now available at all Pharmacy locations. Learn more about in-person, curbside, and delivery services here.
Respiratory Clinics Now Open
Unity Care NW is now offering Respiratory Clinics in Bellingham and the North Whatcom Health Center in Ferndale. These new facilities will help us manage COVID-19 and the flu over the coming months. All patients will be screened prior to entering the clinics, and universal masking will continue to be required. Patients will also be able to get tested for COVID-19 at these locations. For more information, click here.
Change to North Whatcom Health Center Pharmacy Hours
Effective Tuesday, April 7, the North Whatcom Health Center Pharmacy hours will be Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., with a closure from 1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. for lunch. Bellingham Pharmacy hours are unchanged.
COVID-19 Changes to Medical Record Requests
We no longer accepting walk-in records requests or permitting patients to pick their records up in our office. The one exception is for patients with a scheduled appointment who arrange to pick up records at the time of their appointment. All other records requests will be delivered by U.S. mail, fax, or through the Patient Portal.
Changes at Your Next Visit
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
Arriving to your appointment
Unity Care NW has implemented new procedures for all patients arriving at our health centers. In order to protect the health and safety of patients and staff:
- Patients are asked to call (360) 676-6177 to make an appointment. At this time, we are unable to accommodate walk-in appointments.
- Arriving patients will be screened before entering the building. A greeter will take your temperature and ask you several questions.
- Everyone entering a Unity Care NW facility will be required to wear a mask. You can bring your own, or we can provide one to you. If you are unable to wear a mask, you may be able to schedule a telehealth appointment. Call (360) 676-6177 to discuss your options.
- Only one parent or caregiver may accompany children or patients in need of assistance into the health center. All other patients are asked to come to their appointment alone. If you are accompanying a child, please leave other children at home, if it is possible to do so.
- Please cleanse your hands before entering at one of our hand washing stations or use hand sanitizer which we have made available throughout the health center.
- Our restroom facilities are reserved for patients only at this time. Only those patients who have a scheduled appointment or are accompanying a patient and have been screened for entry have access at this time.
- Our waiting room no longer offers magazines, children’s toys, and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call us at (360) 676-6177.