- Full wage scale is $23.27 to $31.39 per hour
- Sign-On Bonus: $4,000 *Prorated by FTE and subject to payback clause
Work Schedule: Part time & Full time, M-F, occasional Saturdays, between 7a-6p
Who We Are
Unity Care NW is a private, non-profit, federally qualified health center that has been proudly and successfully serving the greater Whatcom County area since 1982. With clinics located in Bellingham & Ferndale, we offer comprehensive primary medical, behavioral health and dental care, as well as pharmacy services to a diverse and often underserved patient population of all ages. Employing almost 300 caring and compassionate employees, our mission is to increase the years of healthy life in the people & communities we serve.
What We Value
We have an inclusive culture and strive to demonstrate our Values in Action in all that we do. We value each individual on our team and aim to onboard a diverse workforce of the very best talent, whose ambitions and values align with ours.
Our Medical Assistants support daily patient management in our outpatient clinics as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Unity Care NW is committed to a patient-centered care team model that engages patients and their families in their care.
What We Offer
- A friendly and collaborative team environment
- A competitive compensation package
Generous Benefits Including:
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- 401(K) retirement plan with employer match
- 6 paid holidays
- Paid Time Off (108 hours first year, increasing thereafter)
- Paid Sick Leave
- Other paid leaves including: Bereavement, Jury Duty, Bone Marrow & Organ Transplant & Severe Weather Pay
- Life/AD&D insurance
- Optional insurances including: Supplementary Life/AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Travel & Identity Theft Protection
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Alternative Transportation Incentives
- Health Living reimbursements
- Medical Hardship payroll loans, Employee Referral Bonuses, Will preparation services & gym discounts
- Continuing Education & reimbursement of renewal fees for roles with a WA State license
- Employment counts towards eligibility for Public Student Loan Forgiveness – details can be found at Federal Student Aid
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program
- Medical Assistant-Certified License from the WA State Department of Health
- Two years of Medical Assisting experience
- Experience in an outpatient clinic serving all ages, including providing immunizations
- A strong interest in working with a diverse patient population
Candidates with applicable experience or similar qualifications are encouraged to apply!
If you would like to commit to a team such as this, and feel you could help us in our efforts, please apply. We would love to hear from you! To apply, visit our Careers Page at Unity Care NW – Job Opportunities (paylocity.com) or call Vicki Curtis, Provider Recruiter, at 360-788-2661. For news on our organization & future job postings, please follow us on LinkedIn at https://bit.ly/363mfhv!
Unity Care NW has an Employee Health Program for the safety of our patients and staff. The program requires all employees to receive annual flu immunizations. UCNW also requires vaccination against COVID-19 as a vital public health measure that has truly been life-saving. We are proud of the leadership role we have played in protecting our community from this devastating virus. Following CDC and state guidelines, we have granted a very limited number of exemptions for employees who qualify.