New virtual classes to help address your health goals in the new year!
- Freedom From Smoking is a 7-week on-line class to help you quit and stay tobacco free. We’ll talk about the science and emotion behind addiction, strategies for quitting, and focus on your own reasons for going tobacco free. Call Megan at 360-296-7185 for more info and to register. Class starts Jan. 19th, 2-4pm.
- Lose to Win is a sustainable nutrition and physical activity program led by a YMCA coach. The one-hour classes provide a supportive network to work on similar goals when the going gets tough and to celebrate successes along the way! Must be 18 or older. $35/YMCA members; $50 non-members; scholarships available. Register with Tara at email@example.com. Wednesdays Jan. 20 – April 7, 12:15-1:15 pm
- Better Bones & Balance is a program to help improve balance and strength to avoid falls and maintain independence. Class includes a short talk and learning and practicing specific exercise.
$35 program fee, scholarships available. Register online whatcomymca.org or at the Welcome Desk. Tuesdays and Thursdays, Jan. 19-28, 11am – noon.
- Diabetes Prevention Program is a year-long supportive class for adults at high risk of developing type 2 diabetes. Must be 18 or older, and qualify via risk assessment or diagnosis of pre-diabetes.
$420 year program fee; Unity Care NW patient discount available, email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
- LIVESTRONG is a physical activity and well-being program for adult cancer survivors to reclaim their total health. Must be 18 or older, in remission, and with medical clearance for participation.
Free to new survivors, $25/month for LIVESTRONG alumni; scholarships available. Register with Tammy at email@example.com or (360) 733-8630 Mondays and Wednesdays, Jan. 11-March 31 11am – noon.