A Special Enrollment Period for those who are currently uninsured begins on February 15, 2021 and runs through May 15, 2021.
The Washington Health Benefit Exchange (WAHBE) will provide a special enrollment period (SEP) to extend the time frame for Washingtonians seeking health coverage. Health coverage is a necessary step to ensure the ongoing health, safety, and well-being of our community during the current pandemic.
What you need to know:
- Current Washington Healthplanfinder enrollees are not eligible and may not change plans unless you have recently experienced a qualifying life event that allows for a plan change.
- Enrollment follows the “15th of the month” rule. For example:
- Enrollments that occur before the 15th of the month will have a coverage start date of the first day of the following month.
- Enrollments after 15th of the month will have a coverage start date of the month after the next month – the second following month.
How to get started:
- Call Unity Care NW’s Outreach & Enrollment at 360-788-2669 for help through the insurance process.
- Or, go to https://www.wahealthplanfinder.org to check you eligibility and enroll in health coverage.