Chemical Dependency Professional (Full-time or Part-time)
Unity Care NW is a private, non-profit, federally qualified health center that has been proudly and successfully serving the greater Bellingham area since 1982. With clinics located in Bellingham, Ferndale & Point Roberts, we offer comprehensive primary medical, behavioral health, and dental care as well as pharmacy services to a diverse and often underserved patient population of all ages. Employing almost 250 caring and compassionate employees, our goal is to increase the years of healthy life in the people & communities we serve.
We believe mental & emotional health is an important part of overall health and wellness. Our behavioral health providers work closely with patients and their Primary Care Providers to help them meet their health care goals. As a Chemical Dependency Professional (CDP), you would work closely with our Behavioral Health Director to conduct, evaluate & coordinate our new Substance Use Disorder (SUD)/Medical-Assisted Treatment (MAT) program while providing clinical supervision to CDP trainees. You would provide comprehensive, outpatient Chemical Dependency services to a diverse & underserved patient population making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families & the community. You’d also have the opportunity to work with our Integrated Behavioral Health model which uses a team-based approach in supporting patients’ wellness & recovery.
You may be the ideal candidate if:
- You’re certified as a Washington State Chemical Dependency Professional
- You’re eligible to provide clinical supervision to CDP trainees per Washington Administrative Code (WAC) 246-811-049
- You preferably possess a Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist, Psychologist or Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker license in Washington State, but this is not required
- You successfully work with and relate to individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds, treating them with sensitivity & respect
- You love managing programs & making sure all the rules are being followed
- You’re a leader who enjoys mentoring others
- You can work collaboratively in a team environment, as well as independently, with minimal supervision in a system that is under development & evolving
Highlights of this opportunity include:
- Full-time or part-time employment without the overhead work and costs of running a private practice
- Fully implemented EMR system (GE Centricity) with one-on-one training provided
- Outpatient work only with no call
- Competitive compensation package
- Malpractice insurance with tail coverage
- Reimbursement of WA State certification/license renewal fees
- Generous paid time off benefit
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match after 1 year
- Alternative transportation incentive
- May be eligible to apply for loan repayment through the National Health Service Corps (NHSC) which, if awarded, provides tax free funds to pay towards eligible student loans for a 2-year commitment (view the details at http://nhsc.hrsa.gov/loanrepayment/)
- May be eligible to apply for loan repayment through the Washington Student Achievement Council which, if awarded, provides funds to pay towards eligible student loans for a 2 or 3-year commitment (view the details at http://www.wsac.wa.gov/health-professionals)
Live in a community consistently rated as one of the most desirable in the USA! Nestled on Bellingham Bay at the foot of the Cascade Mountains just a short distance from Seattle, Vancouver BC, and the San Juan Islands, Bellingham is home to 80,000 people and surrounded by several charming small towns. Enjoy all the area has to offer:
- Recreational & Outdoor Activities (Hiking, Biking, Skiing, Snow Boarding, Fishing, Sailing, Kayaking, & Camping)
- Excellent Schools (University, Community College, Technical School, & Outstanding K-12 Educational System)
- Small Town or City Living (Unique Shops, Local Festivals, Farmers Markets, Berry Picking, & Community Events)
- Cultural Activities (Theater, Music, Independent Films, Museums, Art Studios, & Diverse Local Restaurants)
To apply for this rewarding opportunity and truly make a difference in the community, please visit the Careers section of our web site at www.unitycarenw.org and contact Vicki Curtis, HR Generalist, at 360-788-2661 if you have any questions. Help us provide health care to everyone!
To apply for this position, please submit all of the following documents to our Human Resources Department. Only complete application packets will be considered.
- Cover Letter
- Qualifications Checklist
- Employment Application
Unity Care NW
1616 Cornwall Avenue, Suite 205
Bellingham, WA 98225
You may choose to also submit a Voluntary-Survey for Applicants with your employment application to help us better understand our recruiting effectiveness.
You will be contacted if you are chosen to continue in the selection process. We would prefer to speak with each candidate about their skills and abilities, but we are only able to respond to the candidates selected. Thank you for your interest.
Unity Care NW is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.