Unity Care NW is striving to keep up with the rapidly changing field of healthcare. As a Patient Centered Medical Home, we offer the unique opportunity to work within an integrated system that combines Medical, Dental, Pharmacy and Behavioral Health (BH). Upon hire, Behavioral Health staff will receive on-the-job training and education to support the transition to working within integrated health care.
We have two positions, one full-time & one part-time (28 or more hours per week), that may work some or all Saturdays. These positions work as a co-located, collaborative member of the primary care clinic’s health care team assisting the primary care provider (PCP) in managing the overall health of the enrolled population. This position’s goals are to help improve recognition, treatment, and management of psychosocial/behavioral problems and conditions. This includes:
- providing consultation services to all patients referred by the primary care team;
- delivering brief, consultation-based services in the primary care clinic to patients and PCP’s using an integrated care model;
- responding to urgent and emergent BH issues that arise in the clinic;
- working with patients to identify health goals and to achieve behavior change which will help achieve health goals; &
- working to identify and reduce challenges in life which impede the achievement of health goals.
The ideal candidates will be independently-licensed Clinical Social Workers or Mental Health Counselors that have at least two years’ direct clinical experience. Other candidates with similar experiences are welcome to apply.
Highlights of this opportunity include:
- Competitive compensation package with $2,000 sign-on bonus paid in first paycheck
- Outpatient work only with no off-duty call
- Continuing education benefit and reimbursement of WA State license fees
- Full-time or part-time employment without the overhead work and costs of running a private practice
- Fully implemented EMR system (GE Centricity) with one-on-one training provided
- Malpractice insurance with tail coverage
- Generous paid time off benefit
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- May be eligible to apply for loan repayment through the National Health Service Corps (NHSC) which, if awarded, pays tax free funds to apply towards eligible student loans for a 2-year commitment (http://nhsc.hrsa.gov/loanrepayment/)
- May be eligible to apply for loan repayment through the Washington Student Achievement Council which, if awarded, pays funds to apply towards eligible student loans for a 2 or 3-year commitment (http://www.wsac.wa.gov/health-professionals)
We are a private, non-profit, federally qualified health center (FQHC) that has been proudly and successfully serving the greater Bellingham area since 1982. Located in the northwest corner of Washington State, we offer comprehensive primary medical, behavioral health, and dental care, along with pharmacy services at 3 locations in Whatcom County serving a diverse and mostly underserved population of all ages. Employing almost 250 caring and compassionate employees, we assure access to high quality, affordable health care for all.
Live in a community consistently rated as one of the most desirable in the USA! Nestled on Bellingham Bay at the foot of the Cascade Mountains just a short distance from Seattle, Vancouver BC, and the San Juan Islands, Bellingham is home to 80,000 people and surrounded by several charming small towns. Enjoy all the area has to offer:
- Recreational & Outdoor Activities (Hiking, Biking, Skiing, Snow Boarding, Fishing, Sailing, Kayaking, & Camping)
- Excellent Schools (University, Community College, Technical School, & Outstanding K-12 Educational System)
- Small Town or City Living (Unique Shops, Local Festivals, Farmers Markets, Berry Picking, & Community Events)
- Cultural Activities (Theater, Music, Independent Films, Museums, Art Studios, & Diverse Local Restaurants)
To apply for this rewarding opportunity and truly make a difference in the lives of your patients, please follow the application instructions on our website & contact Vicki Curtis, HR Generalist, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-788-2661. Feel good about providing health care to everyone!
To apply for this position, please submit all of the following documents to our Human Resources Department. Only complete application packets will be considered.
Unity Care NW
1616 Cornwall Avenue, Suite 205
Bellingham, WA 98225
You may choose to also submit a Voluntary Survey for Applicants with your employment application to help us better understand our recruiting effectiveness.
You will be contacted if you are chosen to continue in the selection process. We would prefer to speak with each candidate about their skills and abilities, but we are only able to respond to the candidates selected. Thank you for your interest.
Unity Care NW is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.